Friday, May 4, 2012

New Place/Thing #2: Fulfilling an order

For the past few months I've been teaching myself how to complete a large order. I took on the task of creating  200 necklaces. I've never really made more than 3 of the same thing so this was out of my comfort zone. 


I learned that it's all about planning and most important discipline, which I have learned I have none (I'm easily sidetracked and discouraged). Mixed in with all that nonsense there is a perfectionist problem. I made closer to 300 pendants because I didn't like a lot of them.


I actually thought I would never want to make another pendant after all this, but I find that I have a knack for it and it combines my 2 favorite things; working with clay, and making jewelry. 


The necklaces are for swag bags for an event, I hope people like them. It's a way of getting my brand out there and hopefully making sales. Which will bring me to my next new thing, properly filling a my web store which will lead to selling 42 pieces of artwork


I'm proud of the end product, and the things it taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment